As far as the educational qualification is concerned, you are required to have a graduation degree. An MBA degree holder in Event Management definitely gets preference over others. However, practical experience holds more value and if you have organized events and cultural festivals in your school or college it can prove to be a bonus.
Event Management basically consists of two parts: Logistics management and marketing. The first part includes managing the venue, celebrities, audience, judges and promotions etc. On the other hand, the second part includes getting sponsorships for the event and promoting it through media. The syllabus for MBA in Event Management includes:
• Principles & Practices of Management
• Human Resources Management
• Organizational Behavior
• Business English
• Finance Management
• International Law
• Marketing Management
• Managerial Economics
• Strategic Management
• Management Information Systems (MIS)
• International Trade Management
• Accounting for Managers
Event Management has a bright future and is a monetarily rewarding career. An MBA in Event Management will surely help you get a good start in a reputed Event Management company. Following is the list of institutes in India that offer Event Management courses. You can get the rest of the details online or by personally contacting them.
• Amity Institute of Event Management, AKC House, E-27, Defence Colony, New Delhi – 110 024, Ph: 24621960, 24699700, Fax : 24625956,24623317,
• Event Management Development Institute, IES Management College, 4th Floor 791, S.K. Marg, opp.Lilavati Hospital, Bandra (W), Mumbai_400 050,Ph:+91 22 2655 0808, 2642 7171,
• Indian Institute of Event Management,144 Laxmi Plaza, New Linking Road, Andheri West, Mumbai
• Indian Institute of Management,D-3,Defence Colony,NewDelhi-110 048
• International Center for Event Marketing,6/14,II Floor, Sarvapriya Vihar, New Delhi-110 016
• International Institute of Event Management, SNDT Women’s University, Juhu Campus, Juhu Tara Road, Santacruz (W), Mumbai-400 049,Ph:+91 22 26608045
• National Institute of Event Management, Ground Floor, Nandavan Buliding, Corner of Vallabhbhai Road & Ansari Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai-400 056, Ph:+01 22 2671 6676, 2628
Event management is a very challenging field but with experience and dedication you are bound to succeed and earn more. A fresher can easily earn anything starting from Rs. 8,000. There is no upper limit as you can earn boundless with patience and hard work.